Welcome

This is a documentation of my journey seeking "my best self"
I am a blessed woman, 2 healthy loving sons and an abundance of all that one needs.
This is not a journey to more of the material stuff, but in seeking my passion and living my best life.
Due to illness, parenting, and busy everyday life, life has lived me instead of me living life.
The purpose of this journey is to turn this back one step at a time.
How will I accomplish this? This I will learn gradually, one thing I am sure of each day of my journey will take me closer to myself.

Blessings,

ETA: I am separated and I can assure you it is for the better. The boys and I are doing good, they are sad but at least they have some breathing space now and don't have to march to the beat of their father's drum anymore. I am more relieved than sad and feel freed from his constant state of depression and lathargic way of living.


maandag 24 september 2007

Taking better care of me!

I really have to start taking better care of me. Specially the "outside" of me. My eyebrows are in desperate need of plucking and my beautician is dealing with a sudden death of a beloved familymember so she is not up to working. I am going to call around to see if I can make an appointment at another beautician for tomorrow morning when the lil one is at the daycare. I have been rubbing nivea on my body for the last 3 days but I still haven't established a morning routine and tend to walk around in my robe till at least 11 o'clock.

Today I tried oil pulling, my gums and my front teeth are hurting horribly and I will do anything to avoid going to my dentist right now, still trying to get over the shock of my last 400 euro dental bill for reconstructing a molar. I op-ed with castor oil caus that was the only oil in my bedroom ;-) and managed to do it for 10 minutes not bad for a first timer I thought. I did it around 7 and since I spat it out (it was totally milky I know TMI) I have a stuffed sinus. I have been blowing my nose and running to the toilet every 5 minutes! Wasn't expecting that but I guess it's a sign that it's working (right??!!) I am going to try and find unrefined sunflower or sesameoil today caus castoroil is not sold in the netherlands so my parents send it from Surinam for me to use in my hair. Don't want to "waste" it on oilpulling. I also need to find a toothpaste for sensitive teeth my teeth are really the illtreated stepchildren of my body they suffer from all the antibiotics I have to take and from all the vomiting when I am sick. Poor babies I will nurse them back to health. They are good to me other than the hurting right now I have only one filling/reconstruction on the molar the rest of my teeth and molars are all in good health.

While OP I used a Cuticle & Nailremedy caus my hands and nails really needs some attention. I always had my nails done with acrylic by a nailstylist. It was the easiest way to have beautiful hands and nails without having to fuss with it myself. But a few months ago I had a horrible experience I had to have an operation and the surgeon told me that he rather have me take the nails off for the operation. That was pure hell! My nails had to be soaked in some kind of chemical bath a few minutes every day and i was left with damaged extremely thin nails. It took about 4 months to completely heal! Needless to say I refuse to go through that again so I have been keeping my nails short ever since. I don't like the look of short nails it looks uncared for and neglected so I want to start growing them out again. I just have a problem with growing nails once they all get to a good length one always has to break or tear!!! I am going to do the Cuticle & Nailremedy along with using a nailhardner for a week or 2 and when my nails grow out I will go to a nailstylist to file my nails and give me a manicure (yes you guessed right, clumsy me can't file or polish nails).

Well that is it for now it's almost 10 and I have a list of errands that I need to run today.

2 opmerkingen:

sweetnes zei

Enjoy your nail treat!

Simply Me zei

Enjoy your nail treat. Yeah oil pulling does give off those symptoms to some people. I have a stuffed nose, but it does clear when detox period is over.